TERMS + CONDITIONS
We agree to rent the camper(s)/caravan(s) to you, and you agree to rent it or them for the rental period based on the terms and conditions set out in this document.
- Rental period means the period starting on the first day of rental and ending on the day when the camper/caravan is returned by you (‘Drive Away’ option), or collected by us (‘Set up in Style’ option).
- We, our and us means Cocoon Campers Pty Ltd, PO Box 334, Mt Martha VIC, 3934, its agents, servants and/or employees. ACN: 611 967 769
- You, your and yourself means the person renting the camper/caravan and an additional driver.
- Camper/Caravan means the camper trailer or caravan as described in the rental agreement and includes all accessories and contents supplied by us.
2. Driver requirements (for the ‘Drive Away’ option)
Where you pick up the camper/caravan and tow yourself, you agree to the following:
2.1 You will advise us of the route of your journey prior to the commencement date, and it must be mutually agreed upon for the safety of the camper/caravan and you and your passengers.
2.2 Drivers must be 21 years of age or older, but less than 85 years of age, with a full/valid driver’s license. If your overseas license is not in English you must have an international driving permit in English.
2.3 The driver agrees and acknowledges that:
- their driver’s license has not been cancelled or suspended in the past 2 years prior to the rental period.
- they have not been refused motor vehicle insurance prior to the rental period.
- they have not had their motor vehicle insurance cancelled in the past 2 years prior to the rental period.
- they have never been convicted or have charges pending for an offence relating to driving a motor vehicle.
- we require two forms of identification prior to the hiring of the camper/caravan, with one form of ID showing a photograph (i.e. Drivers’ License or Passport). We may copy or photograph this proof of identification to keep on record during the hire period. We also require your current residential address and contact details for next of kin. The above applies to up to 2 drivers per booking. We also need to record the make, model, year, registration no. of the vehicle that will tow the camper/caravan.
2.4 You agree that during the rental period the camper/caravan and other hire equipment will:
- be used or operated in a prudent manner, in compliance with the law
- not be used or operated by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol limit in excess of that permitted by law.
- not be used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material except within its designed capabilities.
2.5 You agree to drive the camper/caravan only on sealed roads.
2.6 You agree not to drive the vehicle:
- on closed or restricted roads
- on beaches
- through streams or rivers
2.7 The camper/caravan must be fully secured (as per the owner’s manual) prior to towing.
3. When the camper/caravan is rented on a ‘Set up in Style’ basis
3.1 Where the camper/caravan is rented on a ‘Set up in Style’ basis, we shall deliver the camper/caravan to the specified and agreed delivery address on the commencement date, and ensure that the camper/caravan is installed, prepared and ready for use. We will leave a key for you in a secured lock-safe. The camper/caravan hitch will be secured and there must be no attempt to tow the camper/caravan.
3.2 You are entitled to the sole use and benefit of the camper/caravan for the rental period.
3.3 On the last day or an earlier date (if the booking is cancelled prior to the end of the rental period), we will collect the camper/caravan from the same location by 1.00pm or another time which has been agreed between us, or as dictated by the campsite.
3.4 If the camper/caravan is not made readily available to us for pick up at the rental location on the last day of the rental period, then we may, without any notice to the you, and at your expense, enter upon or into a location (at which the camper/caravan is believed to be) to retake possession of the camper/caravan. If the camper/caravan cannot be accessed, Victoria police will be notified by us.
Smoking is strictly prohibited in our campers/caravans.
Animals are not permitted in our campers/caravans.
The campers/caravans are recommended for use by 2 adults but can accommodate 2 adults and a young child. We reserve the right to refuse rental of our campers/caravans at our discretion.
6. Condition of campers/caravans
6.1 All rental campers/caravans will be in clean and working order on delivery on the commencement date of rental. You agree to return the rented camper/caravan and equipment and accessories in the same condition. The exception is linen included in the rental agreement, which will be laundered by us. We reserve the right to withhold from the bond a cleaning fee if the camper/caravan or equipment is not left in what we consider a suitably clean condition. This includes where considered necessary treatment for apparent strong odours e.g. fish. Marks are to be wiped off with a cloth and warm water only (no cleaning chemicals are to be used on the camper/caravan as this may damage the waterproofing properties, timber and fibreglass). No abrasive cleaners or cloths and sponges are to be used on any of the non-stainless steel finishes. All waste material is to be removed by you before leaving the camper at the end of the rental period.
6.2 If the camper/caravan or other equipment is returned damaged or inoperable you agree to pay us the reasonable cost of repair or in the event that an item is not repairable or not cost effective to repair then you agree to pay us the replacement cost. All damages to our equipment whilst in your possession must be reported immediately. All costs for repairs required as a result of damage while rented shall be paid by you. If during the time of repair, the vehicle cannot be rented out, you will be liable to pay the rental cost for the duration during which the camper/caravan cannot be rented out.
6.3 If the camper/caravan is deemed by us not to have been returned in the condition required by clause 6.1, you will be liable to pay the cost(s) of restoring the camper/caravan to its original condition as at the commencement date. The amount will be determined by us, and we will be entitled to deduct such amount from the security bond fee.
7. Damages and Liability
You agree to use the camper/caravan at your risk and you agree that we will have no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage or death except as required by law. You agree that you release and discharge us and our agents and employees from:
7.1 any loss or damage caused to you whether by way of death of or injury to any person of any nature or kind, accident or damage or loss of property, delay, financial loss (including accommodation, flights, car hire, phone calls and meal costs) or otherwise, arising directly or indirectly from or incidental to your use of the camper/caravan or any accident to or involving the camper/caravan or its use, operation, repair, maintenance or storage or which may otherwise be suffered or sustained in or near the camper/caravan;
7.2 any loss or damage as a result of items left in the camper/caravan or hire equipment after received, handled or stored by us or stolen from the camper/caravan.
any loss or damage including such damages and injuries (including to a third party) incurred through the use, misuse or accident arising from the use of the camper/caravan or other hire products whether by our negligence or otherwise.
8. Rental Period
8.1 All campers/caravans and equipment are rented and charged on a 24 hour basis. The minimum period of hire is 48 hours and any booking for less than 48 hours will be charged at the 48 hours rental rate. If the camper/caravan or equipment is not returned, or left for pick up with the ‘Set up in Style’ option, before the end of the agreed booking period additional days will be charged.
8.2 There are no refunds, partial or otherwise, and no future credit accrued as a result of early return of the camper/caravan or any other rental equipment.
9. Cancellation and early termination
9.1 In the event that the booking is terminated by you prior to the commencement date the rental fee and security bond fee will be returned, or held, by us on the following basis:
- refund in full, if the booking is cancelled 21 days or more from the commencement date.
- refund of the security bond fee only, not the rental fee, if the booking is terminated within 21 days of the commencement date, you are a ‘no-show’, or the booking is terminated without reason.
- no refund of the rental fee or the security bond fee if the booking is terminated within 3 days of the commencement date.
9.2. If the booking is cancelled more than 21 days in advance of the commencement date, you may request an alternative booking, and in such circumstance we will hold monies received for that future booking.
9.3 We may terminate the booking at any time by giving notice in writing to you, and will provide you with a full refund of rental fee and security bond fee. We will not be responsible for any consequential loss or damages suffered by you.
10. Security bond fee
The security bond fee will be refunded (either in part or whole) by us to you within 7 days of the end date of the booking, subject to our entitlement, as outlined above, to deduct any amounts for damages etc
Cocoon Campers are responsible for effecting a general insurance policy in respect of the campers/caravans in relation to: damage or destruction, third party risk and public liability.
You acknowledge that awnings and Add-Ons, such as tents, BBQ’s, and any other Add-On specified and rented, are not covered by Cocoon Campers insurance and therefore you will be liable to pay the full cost of repair or replacement for any damage.
We, or you, may request, and agree in writing to increase insurance coverage on account of additional risk, especially with regards to the ‘Drive Away’ option. You will be required to pay any additional premiums or other costs associated with extending the insurance coverage for this purpose.